Thursday, January 29, 2009

Good-n-Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookies .
I'm excited about a visit coming up. I will get to see my daughter and her husband and their two kids. They live in New York. At the same time my son and his wife will be here from Waco, Texas. I am so blessed. I love the people my children grew up to be! Can anyone ask for more?
This is my daughter's recipe, approved by her husband and kids and ME.

1 stick softened butter
1 large egg
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon water
1 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate morsels
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Mix butter, egg, and brown sugar until smooth and uniform consistency.
Stir in baking soda, salt, vanilla and water.
Mix in flour until just blended.
Stir in chocolate pieces.
Drop rounded Tablespoonfuls onto a metal non-stick cookie sheet and bake at 375° for 7 minutes (or desired doneness).

No comments: