Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cranberry Pear Relish .

Before you think the only thing I cook is dessert, here is a relish that is wonderful. I don't like cranberries and I love this stuff! The head of the IT department where I work shared this with us.


4 cups (approximately 1 pound) fresh cranberries
2 cups sugar
1 cup fresh orange juice
1 Tablespoon finely grated orange zest
2 slightly underripe pears, cored, peeled and cut into 1/3-inch dice

Combine all ingredients in a heavy sauce pan and stir well. Place pan over medium heat and boil until berries pop open, about 10 minutes.
Skim foam off the surface with a metal spoon. Let relish cool to room temperature.
Relish tastes best if refrigerated overnight and reheated before serving.

1 comment:

Six Oak Farm said...

My family is fortunate enough to have tasted several of these recipes! I will say deviled eggs are my personal favorite (but only when the Boodoggy cooks them!
We don't do cranberries.....except for this one! Enjoy.