Sunday, July 12, 2009

Oatmeal Cake .

This is from one of my favorite people who is a darn good cook. The older I get, the more I enjoy oatmeal and oatmeal baked goods. I made this tonight and now I have a happy tummy. Some things are worth heating up the kitchen for.

Preheat oven to 350, grease and flour 9x13 pan
1 1/4 cup boiling water
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 tablespoon cinnamon
Mix the boiling water with the oatmeal and let stand for 20 minutes, then add flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
In another bowl, Beat margarine, brown sugar, sugar, and eggs. Add to oatmeal mixture.

Bake 35 minutes.
Frosting-
6 tablespoons margarine or butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk or cream
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 cup coconut
Cook and stir margarine, sugar, milk, and nuts. Cook on stove until sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and add coconut. Spread over cake.

No comments: