Sunday, February 15, 2009

Finger Jell-o .

Now that I have the major house cleaning done before the grandkids come, I am turning my efforts toward filling the freezer with meals so I don't have to cook while they are here. I don't want to miss a minute with them. I had to dig out this recipe. This makes gelatin squares that kids can eat with their fingers. My kids loved them in their school lunches and they were a staple for long automobile trips.

1 (6 ounce) package or 2 (3 ounce) packages Jell-O
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
2 1/2 cups water
Dissolve unflavored gelatin in 1 cup cold water. Set aside.
In a saucepan bring 1 cup water to a boil and add Jell-o. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
Add gelatin mixture. Stir and add 1/2 cup cold water.
Pour into lightly greased pan and set in refrigerator for 2 hours.
Cut into chunks. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.

No comments: