Baked Sweet Potato Sticks .
I'm trying to use sweet potatoes and olive oil rather than the mmmmm white potatoes and butter. I'm trying. It doesn't come easily. This helps.
1 ½ pounds medium sweet potatoes
2 T olive oil
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t coriander
1 t salt
1 t parsley
fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425° degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Slice sweet potatoes into french fry shape and size. Large cuts get soggy, so cut them into small, even-sized sticks.
3. Put potatoes in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss with your hands to make sure each is coated in the oil. If needed, add extra oil so they are all glistening.
4. Mix the herbs and spices and sprinkle over potatoes. Toss again to coat.
5. Place the potatoes on the baking sheet. They can be close to each other but should not be touching.
6. Bake in pre-heated oven for 15 minutes.
7. After 15 minutes, remove and turn the potatoes. They are quite soft, so use a spatula and re-space them after you turn them.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes more.